Patron Behavior Policy
Acceptable Patron Behavior
The Macsherry Library is dedicated to providing a welcoming, pleasant, and safe environment for all patrons. Patrons are encouraged to use the Librarys resources and services, to enjoy the Library as a place of study and inquiry, and to participate in Librarys programs.
- Macsherry Library is a public building and any public place may be potentially dangerous for a child left unattended. Therefore, children under the age of eight must be accompanied by a parent or other responsible caregiver (high school age or older) at all times while in the library. We want to ensure the safety of all of our patrons.
- Photo release: All program registrants and participants must permit the taking of photographs of themselves during Library activities and programs for publication and use in future Library publications.
- Everyone will be expected to behave with respect toward the library, its materials, the staff, and other patrons. This indicates that patrons will not lie on the floor or furniture nor will shoes touch the furniture.
- Backpacks or similar items will be left at the desk or under the coat rack in the computer room so as not to block walkways.
- Patrons are not allowed to eat or drink in the building except in designated meetings approved by the board or their representative.
- Patrons are expected to be dressed appropriately.
- Personal hygiene shall conform to the generally accepted standard of the community. Patrons whose bodily hygiene is offensive so as to constitute a nuisance to other persons may be asked to leave the building.
- Persons who deface or mutilate any library property may be immediately barred from the library. It is the policy of the Macsherry Board of Trustees that such persons be prosecuted under appropriate statutes. This especially applies to anyone guilty of defacing or mutilating books, periodicals, or other collections.
- Persons fighting or using abusive language may be barred from the library and may be charged under appropriate laws.
- Littering of the building and grounds is forbidden.
- The library reserves the right to restrict cell phone use in the building.
Failure to follow these rules of conduct will result in disciplinary action being taken. Action may range from a verbal warning to being permanently barred from the library. In cases where necessary the Alexandria Bay Police may be summoned to assist in the enforcement of the rules of conduct.
Policy revised July 08, 2009 by the Board of Trustees of Macsherry Library
Policy revised June 10, 2015 by the Board of Trustees of Macsherry Library
Policy revised Aug 14, 2015 by the Board of Trustees of Macsherry Library